Soil & Water Resources
The Soil & Water Resources toolbox is a ‘work in progress’ and represents information available to date on this subject. To suggest new materials for inclusion, email Lisa Ronald at email@example.com.
Management Guidelines, Processes, and Templates
- Strategic Habitat Conservation Intranet Website
- Literature Search Website
- Water Resource Coordinators
NWRS Biological Intranet Website
- "Applying the Concept of Wilderness Character to National Forest Planning, Monitoring and Management" RMRS-GTR-217
- "Keeping It Wild: An Interagency Strategy to Monitor Trends in Wilderness Character Across the National Wilderness Preservation System." RMRS-GTR-212
- Table of Indicators and Measures for the Interagency Strategy
- "Monitoring Wilderness Stream Ecosystems." Rocky Mountain Research Station RMRS-GTR-70
- USGS National Water Information System Website
- USGS National Water Quality Assessment Data Warehouse
Research and Other Publications
Fire and Soil
- DeLuca, Thomas H.; Sala Anna. 2006. Frequent fire alters nitrogen transformations in ponderosa pine stands of the inland Northwest. Ecology 87(10): 2511-2522.
Rivers and Lakes
- Cole, David N. 2000. Managing campsite impacts on wild rivers. Are there lessons for wilderness managers? International Journal of Wilderness 6(3): 12-16.