Soil & Water Resources
The Soil & Water Resources toolbox is a ‘work in progress’ and represents information available to date on this subject. Toolboxes are comprehensively reviewed and updated approximately every three years, with intermittent small updates and additions in the interim. To suggest new materials for inclusion, email Lisa Ronald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Date of last update: 11/27/2018.
Management Guidelines, Processes, and Templates
- Strategic Habitat Conservation Intranet Website
- Literature Search Website
- Water Resource Coordinators
NWRS Biological Intranet Website
- "Applying the Concept of Wilderness Character to National Forest Planning, Monitoring and Management" RMRS-GTR-217
- "Keeping It Wild: An Interagency Strategy to Monitor Trends in Wilderness Character Across the National Wilderness Preservation System." RMRS-GTR-212
- Table of Indicators and Measures for the Interagency Strategy
- "Monitoring Wilderness Stream Ecosystems." Rocky Mountain Research Station RMRS-GTR-70
- USGS National Water Information System Website
- USGS National Water Quality Assessment Data Warehouse
Research and Other Publications
Fire and Soil
- DeLuca, Thomas H.; Sala Anna. 2006. Frequent fire alters nitrogen transformations in ponderosa pine stands of the inland Northwest. Ecology 87(10): 2511-2522.
Rivers and Lakes
- Cole, David N. 2000. Managing campsite impacts on wild rivers. Are there lessons for wilderness managers? International Journal of Wilderness 6(3): 12-16.